- U.S. Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Lawfinder — extensive links to sites providing statutes, case law, etc.
- BankruptcyData.com — provider of bankruptcy research reports. The online database contains information on publicly traded companies with total assets of at least $10 million that have filed for Chapter 11.
- Edgar — provides access to various federal filings of public corporations including financial information.
- Edgar Online — a subscription service of the SEC with added benefits including the ability to download and/or extract filings in Word, HTML, Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 etc. formats, and receive real time e-mail notification of filings by particular companies (designated by you).
- Market Guide — financial information on over 10,000 publicly traded companies.
- Trade Stats
- Fedstats — provides easy access to the full range of statistics and information produced by U.S. government agencies for public use.
- U.S. Census Bureau — access to Census Bureau statistics.
- Small Business
- Media Mentor — media training, coaching, andresources designed to help executives of technology companies communicate effectively with the public, analysts, and the press, and prepare for interviews in all media formats.
- Fedworld — excellent site offering search facilities to information provided by various departments of the federal government.
- Institute of Management & Administration, Inc. (IOMA) — topical bulletin boards; select articles from issues of IOMA’s newsletters including the field of credit and collections.
- U.S. Department of Commerce subscription ($) service which includes Business Leads and Procurement Opportunities.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission — complete information on the SEC and its initiatives including a section specifically for Small Business and the ability to search documents and public sector filings.
- University of Michigan Documents Center — a central reference and referral point for government information, whether local, state, federal, foreign or international. Its web pages are a reference and instructional tool for government, political science, statistical data, and news.
Intl Business Resources
- Country Info
- CIA World Factbook — provides basic information on most countries of the world including geography, environment, people, government, economy, transportation, communications and defense.
- OECD Online — web site of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Provides statistical information and news and events about member-countries.
- Sibexlink — official information repository for the G-15. Includes G-15 Online, which is a specialized database providing business related information on G-15 and South-South countries.
- State Department Country Reports — economic policies and trade practices of countries throughout the world.
- Trade Stats
- Currency Conversion
- Export Assistance
- PACA — The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA) is designed to encourage fair trading practices in the marketing of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables in interstate and foreign commerce.
- Bureau of Export Administration — controls exports in order to guard national security. This site walks U.S. exporters through the process to define their product and then find out which destinations require special licenses for shipping.
- Commercial News USA – U.S. Department of Commerce’s export marketing magazine.
- Export Hotline — extensive site including Country Research, Industry Research, Trade Stats, Trade Shows and much more.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States — information about Ex-Im Bank’s programs and publications. Ex-Im Bank provides working capital, direct loans, financing guarantees, short-term exporting insurance and export credit insurance, even for small businesses.
- Trade Information Center — information about all federal export assistance programs, as well country and regional market information.
- Outsourcing Interactive — news and information on the strategic use of outside resources provided by The Outsourcing Institute, a professional association and executive network with a mission to provide timely information exchange and services on outsourcing and related sourcing strategies.
- Outsourcing Journal — mammoth site providing in-depth information on the outsourcing industry and links to outsourcing providers.
International Associations & World Trade Centers
- The Association for International Business ™ — 8,000 professional members in 160 countries. Free membership. Learn about all aspects of international commerce, law and education. Resources contacts, mentoring program, and more, all without charge.
- Electronic Commerce 21 — run by the Korea International Trade Association. This site offers virtual Trade Point web services such as trade opportunities, Korean company directory, digital catalog, business in Korea and trade shows.
- Kentucky World Trade Center — non-profit membership organization which helps companies become globally competitive through trade lead referrals, market research and assistance in importing, exporting and operating in foreign markets.
- Washington International Trade Association (WITA) — a non-profit, voluntary organization dedicated to providing a neutral forum in the nation’s capital for the open discussion of international trade issues. Through an extensive series of informal programs, WITA keeps its members informed about the latest positions taken by the Administration on trade policy, rules and regulations governing U.S. trade with our trading partners, and views of U.S. trade policy from abroad.